Kiwi Community Assistance
Working together to reduce inequality in our communities
Who we are
Kiwi Community Assistance (KCA) helps communities throughout Wellington by rescuing surplus food and household goods, and redistributing it to frontline agencies working directly with people in need.
We need more businesses to join our food rescue program. Please watch the video links below to learn more about what our charity does.
Food Rescue Video
What does KCA do Video
What we provide
- Food that is rescued and donated is redistributed Monday to Friday with agencies collecting it from our depot
- Clothing, shoes, children's reading books (we don't accept adult fiction/non fiction) , school stationery supplies, etc collected from our Grenada North warehouse Monday to Friday mornings from 9.00am to noon by our partner agencies
- Whiteware and furniture in good working condition ** due to the housing crisis we are not accepting these items**
How we do it
- 1 Collect donations from the drop off points (Please go to the drop off point tab for the most up to date info)
- 2 Donations are sorted
- 3 Agencies place orders
- 4 Volunteers make up the orders
- 5 Agencies take orders directly to the recipient (non food Monday to Friday 9am to noon)
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE NOT TAKING ANY NEW APPLICATIONS TO ASSIST ANY MORE COMMUNITY GROUPS, FOODBANKS ETC. THIS IS BECAUSE OUR VOLUMES OF FOOD AND STOCK BEING DONATED HAS BEEN AFFECTED BY THE RECENT STORMS AND THE COST OF LIVING.
Banana boxes of food distributed this month
Clothing, toys, books, school supplies, etc, distributed this month
Kilograms of CO2-E saved, calculated from weight of food rescued this month
You can help us by donating...
These items include perishable and non-perishable food, household items and appliances, baby gear and clothing.
KCA has limited funding and we make any financial donation stretch as far as possible,
no matter how big or small.
We are always looking for volunteers to fill a variety of roles during the week and the weekend.
We are an independent group of like minded people working together to reduce inequality in our community. We will do this by providing household goods, clothing and food for free to our charity partners.