Kiwi Community Assistance
Working together to reduce inequality in our communities
Who we are
Kiwi Community Assistance (KCA) helps communities throughout Wellington by rescuing surplus food and household goods, and redistributing it to frontline agencies working directly with people in need.
What we provide
- Food that is rescued and donated is redistributed Monday to Friday
- Clothing, shoes, books, school supplies, etc collected from our Grenada North warehouse Tuesday to Thursday mornings from 9.30am to 11.30am by our partner agencies
- Whiteware and furniture in good working condition *11/11/2019 currently not collecting any until February 2020
How we do it
- 1 Collect donations from the drop off points
- 2 Donations are sorted
- 3 Agencies place orders
- 4 Volunteers make up the orders
- 5 Agencies take orders directly to the recipient (non food Tuesday to Thursday mornings only 9.30-11.30am)
WE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING ANY NON-FOOD DONATIONS FROM THURSDAY 19TH DECEMBER 2019 TO WEDNESDAY 22ND JANUARY 2020. THIS IS OUR CLOSE DOWN PERIOD FOR OUR VOLUNTEERS TO RECHARGE THEIR BATTERIES. PLEASE GO TO OUR DROP OFF POINT LINK ON OUR WEBSITE TO SEE THE FULL COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF WHAT DROP OFF POINTS ARE OPEN AND CLOSED IN JANUARY 2020.
OUR VOLUNTEERS ARE OFFLINE ON THE WEEKENDS AND ALL PUBLIC HOLIDAYS. YOU CAN USUALLY FIND THE ANSWER TO MOST QUESTIONS ON OUR WEBSITE - UNDER DONATE GOODS, DONATE TIME AND DROP OFF POINTS.
Banana boxes of food distributed this month
Clothing, toys, books, school supplies, etc, distributed this month
Kilograms of CO2-E saved, calculated from weight of food rescued this month
You can help us by donating...
These items include perishable and non-perishable food, household items and appliances, baby gear and clothing.
KCA has limited funding and we make any financial donation stretch as far as possible,
no matter how big or small.
We are always looking for volunteers to fill a variety of roles during the week and the weekend.
We are an independent group of like minded people working together to reduce inequality in our community. We will do this by providing household goods, clothing and food for free to our charity partners.