Kiwi Community Assistance
Working together to reduce inequality in our communities
Who we are
Kiwi Community Assistance (KCA) helps communities throughout Wellington by rescuing surplus food and household goods, and redistributing it to frontline agencies working directly with people in need.
Please feel free to click on the link below to watch a brief video filmed by ANZ Bank Corporate Affairs about our charity.
A Short Film about KCA (3 minutes)
What we provide
- Food that is rescued and donated is redistributed Monday to Friday with agencies collecting it from our depot
- Clothing, shoes, books, school supplies, etc collected from our Grenada North warehouse Tuesday to Thursday mornings from 9.30am to 11.30am by our partner agencies
- Whiteware and furniture in good working condition * currently only collecting certain items - chest of drawers, cots and microwaves*
How we do it
- 1 Collect donations from the drop off points
- 2 Donations are sorted
- 3 Agencies place orders
- 4 Volunteers make up the orders
- 5 Agencies take orders directly to the recipient (non food Tuesday to Thursday mornings only 9.30-11.30am)
PGG WRIGHTSON DROP OFF POINT CLOSED AS OF 3RD JUNE 2021 AS THEY ARE CLOSING DOWN.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FROM THE 1ST JUNE 2021 THAT NATIONAL STORAGE IN TAWA IS ONLY OPEN FROM 9AM TO 2PM.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE NOT OPEN ON SUNDAYS OR PUBLIC HOLIDAYS.
Banana boxes of food distributed this month
Clothing, toys, books, school supplies, etc, distributed this month
Kilograms of CO2-E saved, calculated from weight of food rescued this month
You can help us by donating...
These items include perishable and non-perishable food, household items and appliances, baby gear and clothing.
KCA has limited funding and we make any financial donation stretch as far as possible,
no matter how big or small.
We are always looking for volunteers to fill a variety of roles during the week and the weekend.
We are an independent group of like minded people working together to reduce inequality in our community. We will do this by providing household goods, clothing and food for free to our charity partners.